Wednesday 5 August 2009

Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream Intensive Moisturising Hand Cream



Elizabeth Arden says: The perfect companion to our original classic. This fast-absorbing gel cream for the hands moisturizes for up to eight hours. Soothing emollients smooth and soften rough, weather-exposed skin. Signs of dryness and cracking are reversed so hands look and feel soft and touchable.

I have to agree with those claims. This is now one of my favorite hand creams. I use it mainly when I'm at work as it's super moisturising and sinks in so quickly. I can apply it and then go straight back to typing, without worrying about having sticky hands.

Originally I got this as part of a GWP but have since purchased the full sized as it works so well. The only down side to this is the fragrance. I don't mind it, in fact I find it quite pleasant, but it's quite a strong, herbal scent that stays around for a while.

As EA claims, this really is an intensive moisturising cream, it's great for dry winter hands. I use this twice a day and within a few days my dry hands are soft and healthy again.


The Legend
Created in 1930 by Elizabeth Arden to soothe skin, Eight Hour Cream Skin Protectant became an instant and overwhelming success. What made it so effective is a combination of petrolatum, a skin-soothing beta-hydroxy in one of its first cosmetic uses, and vitamin E. The apricot colored balm was so beneficial to her clients, Miss Arden used it to soothe her famous thoroughbred horses' legs. Even its name came about thanks to a remarkable performance - a loyal client used it to treat her child's skinned knee and "eight hours later" the skin was all better.


Would I buy it again? Yes.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!