Monday 31 August 2009

Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow/Liner

I've wanted to try Benefit's Creaseless Cream shadows for years and finally got around to buying some. Half of me loves them and the other half doesn't. As an eyeliner they're amazing however as an eye shadow they just don't work for me. I purchased two colours, Skinny Jeans, which is the pewter shown below in the first picture, and Strut which is described as a smoky denim and is shown in the second picture below.


Benefit says: Our do-it-all cream shadow lines, shades and contours eyes with its alluring crease-proof, smudge-proof formula. Go as sheer or as dramatic as you like with buildable color. Either way, these shadows stay put!what else you need to know:These gorgeous creams come in 12 blendable shades that can be worn alone or mixed for endless custom looks.

I haven't had any luck using these as an eye shadow. I've tried all different ways and they always crease on me. They'll crease within a few hours of application. I've tried using them with primer and without. I've tried using eye cream before I apply them and not using eye cream. I've also tried applying them with an eye shadow brush and applying them with my fingers, but no matter how I apply them they always crease. So as an eye shadow they're a huge fail for me. One of my friends at work uses them and they don't crease on her at all, I'm not sure why that is.


As an eye liner though, they're amazing. The texture is soft and creamy so they are super easy to apply and blend. They stay put all day without smudging or disappearing. The colour is deep and intense and stays that way all day. I've found that I can use these for a smudged, smoky look or for a sharp, defined look and they work really well both ways.

Would I buy this again? Yes, they're great and long lasting as an eye liner.




Ingredients: cyclopentasiloxane, isododecane, polyethylene, polymethylmethacrylate, dimethicone, disteardimonium hectorite, propylene carbonate, silica.

1 comment :

  1. I love these! I have RSVP, Skinny Jeans and Birthday Suit. I haven't used as a liner but only as a shadow. I haven't had any issues with creasing myself.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!