Wednesday 22 July 2009

Nivea Lip Care Star Fruits Strawberry Kiss Lip Balm


I have a funny story about this balm. It's one that I like but don't love, so I leave it in the glove box of Mr GQ's car in case of emergency. One day he must have left his lip balm at home (how this is possible I don't know because I've stashed two in his work lunch bag and given him two others to carry around with him, plus left two in his car), so he somehow found my Strawberry lip balm and took it to work. I'm not sure how long he was using it for, but he came home that night and threw it down on the table in disgust. As soon as I saw it I started to laugh and asked him what was wrong. His words were, "this is a lip stick not a lip balm". I didn't bother to correct him I just laughed, then he explained that he thought it was a balm so took it to work. I can just imagine how pretty he would have looked walking around with red tinted lips, hehehe.

Strawberry Kiss lip balm is a lovely product. I mainly use it as a sheer lip colour as I don't find it super moisturising but it's fine to use when my lips aren't dry. It gives a sheer red tint that looks very pretty. The colour lasts for a few hours before I need to reapply. It has a lovely strawberry scent and no flavour.

Would I buy it again? Probably not. There are other tinted balms that I prefer.

Ingredients: polyisobutene, ricinus communis, octyldodecanol, pentaerythrityl tetraisostearate, hydrogenated polydecene, candelilla cera, myristyl myristate, butyrospermum parkii, cera microcristallina, isopropyl palmitate, synthetic wax, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, polyglycerly-3 diisostearate, butyl methoxydibenzoylmethane, prunus dulcis, simmondsia chinensis oil, tocopheryl acetate, glycerin, vitis vinifera seed oil, neohesperidin dihydrochalcone, aqua, limonene, linalool, geraniol, bht, citronellol, citral, parfum.

1 comment :

  1. :)
    I got a very nice handmade lip yesterday, from Galaxy Aromatherapy. It's really wholesome, very healing.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!