Tuesday 12 May 2009

Pangea Organics Ecocentric Lipcare

I've been having a bit of a blank on what to review lately so I thought I'd go back to my favorite topic and start reviewing some lip balms and glosses. I'm kind of ashamed to admit (actually I'm not really) that I have two bags of lip balms, one bag is full of balms that I've reviewed and the other is full of the balms that I haven't reviewed. The 'haven't reviewed' bag is starting to get too full, so it's high time that I start testing and reviewing.

For the first day of using my Ecocentric Lipcare I wasn't sure if I liked it, but now that I've been using it for a while it's grown on me and I've decided that I do like it. I don't love it, purely because it's flavourless. If it had flavour then I'd be telling you how much I love it.

This is a huge 7 gram stick of balm, the same size as the Badger Cocoa Butter balms, so it'll last for ages. I purchased the Egyptian Fennel With Grapefruit and Sweet Orange fragrance. Grapefruit is an antioxidant and euphoric and Sweet Orange is soothing and vitamin rich. The scent is soft and subtle but I do find that it lifts my mood when I'm wearing it. I wouldn't say that I'm euphoric, but it is softly cheering.

This would be a good lip balm for men as it lasts well and is barely noticeable on the lips. It has a smooth, creamy texture and it hydrates well. I like this for a light, daytime balm.

You can buy Pangea Organics products from Ikigai and David Jones.

Would I buy it again? No, but only because it's not flavoured.

Ingredients: sunflower seed oil, beeswax, jojoba oil, lecithin, hemp seed oil, shea butter, white grapefruit oil, pink grapefruit oil, sweet orange oil, ylang ylang oil, tamanu oil, aloe vera gel, vitamin e, fennel oil.

6 comments :

  1. What a good review, I'm thinking of moving to non petrolium products, I hear so many bad things about paw paw tube and then some rave about it. This lipbalm sounds great for my guy, got him a mens brand in vanilla and smells like too much sugar in it, ughh. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Harri,

    The Lucas paw paw has petrolatum in it, but Suvana make a petrolatum free paw paw and honey lip balm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love lip balms and this one looks great. Just discovered your blog today and really like it. I look forward to reading more reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GlossQueen,

    I'm a guy who deals with peeling lips year round. It's very hard for me. Not to give you too much information, but I've been to several dermatologists, some of which don't seem to take my condition seriously. I've just started trying vitamin E oil at night, which has helped considerably, but I need a lip balm that isn't greasy and doesn't make my lips shine to use during the day. Your review really makes it seem as though this product could help. Is that really the case? I've tried so many things, and almost all of them end up with me still afraid to go out and meet people.

    I hope to hear from you soon,
    "Todd"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Todd, thanks for reading! I can think of 3 lip balms that I think would be really good for you. They are Pangea Organics, Burts Bee's original balm and Badger Cocoa Butter lip balms. They are all matte and don't contain petrolatum. If you've been using balms containing petrolatum you'll probably find that your lips peel a bit for the first few weeks of using balms without petrolatum, but once you've got over that stage your lips should start to look and feel great.

    The other balm I adore for when my lips are really chapped is Carmex. If you get the click sticks they are matte. Carmex does contain petrolatum, but I find it heals my lips faster than any other balm does.

    Also, it might be worth getting your vitamin B levels checked vitamin B deficiencies can cause dry, cracked lips too.

    Hope this helps, let me know how you go!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!