Monday 4 May 2009

Olay Total Effects Cream Cleanser

In the past I've been lucky and had good, blemish free skin, but in the last few months my hormones have been going crazy and so has my skin. Because of this I've had to totally change my skin care routine to try and help things a little.

I'm sure you're all familiar with Olay's claims about their Total Effects range, but in case you aren't here they are: visibly diminishes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, smoothes skin texture - visibly and to the touch, evens skin tone for younger-looking, more balanced colour, improves surface dullness, giving skin a radiant, healthy glow, minimises the appearance of pores, visibly reduces the appearance of blotches, soothes dry skin, hydrating with Olay moisture. Plus its Salicylic formula helps reduce the appearance of blemishes.

I've used the whole tube of my Total Effects cleanser and I've been pretty happy with it. It's a creamy cleanser with tiny little exfoliating beads in it. I was a little concerned that the salicylic acid might be too harsh for my skin, but I didn't have any problems with it at all.

As for all the claims made by Olay, the only ones that their cleanser lived up to is improving skin surface and possibly reducing the appearance of blemishes. Whilst I was using this cleanser I still got pimples, but the cleanser did seem to help clear them up quickly.

Would I buy it again? Yes, it's a nice exfoliating cleanser. I'd use this a few times a week as a deep cleanser.

Ingredients: water, ppg-15, stearyl ether, glycerin, stearyl alcohol, cetyl betaine, salicylic acid, distearyldimonium chloride, sodium lauryl sulfate, oxidized polyethylene, cetyl alcohol, alcohol, steareth-21, sodium chloride, behenyl alcohol, ppg-30, steareth-2, fragrance, sodium glycolate, disodium edta.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!