Monday 13 April 2009

MAC Shadestick

I really wanted to like Shadesticks, but we've just never got along. They're a great idea, but just don't work that well for me. I can make them work, but they require work and it's just a bit too much effort for me. If they were softer I'd probably love them, but they're quite hard.

My main problem with these is that they are hard so not easy to use. I can't just swipe them on my eye. Once I've actually got it on it's quite a nice product. I usually swipe the Shadestick onto my finger and then apply or it draw it onto the back of my hand and then use a brush to apply it.

Due to the hard texture these are quite sheer. They can be layered on for a more intense colour. Once they're on they last well without creasing.

MAC says: A smooth and silky, rich and creamy eye shadow delivered in a sophisticated stick-style format. Provides rich gem-style colour overlaid by soft semi-precious finishes of shine. Glides on: works as a shadow - or a liner. Builds up coverage from sheer: colour always looks fabulous. More than an eye shadow. Total I-impact.

Would I buy these again? No, they're too difficult to work with.

1 comment :

  1. I tried the Avon ones many moons ago, and didn't like them either. I agree to much work...LOL

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!