Friday 17 April 2009

Clinique Superbalm Lip Treatment

Now that I've reviewed everything I own from two different brands, I thought I'd switch back to my favorite topic and do some lip balm and lip gloss reviews. It's been a while since I reviewed any balms and I have quite a few waiting to be reviewed, so the next few weeks will be dedicated to lip balm and lip gloss reviews.

I feel pretty ripped off with this balm. It's supposed to be 7mls but my tube feels empty. I don't know if I got a dud tube, but mine only lasted a week and I wasn't even using it very much! If I still had the receipt I would have taken it back.

You know what I don't like about this balm, so I'll tell you what I do like. It's a thick, hydrating balm that's not sticky or waxy. It has a glossy finish and lasts about three hours before I need to reapply. It does a great job of keeping my lips soft and hydrated. As with most Clinique products is fragrance free.

Here's what Clinique says about Superbalm: Deeply hydrating balm that helps to repair distressed lips and replenishes moisture loss. Contains a combination of naturally-derived ingredients to help condition, repair and prevent dry, flaky lips. Increases the skin's natural ability to rebuild and renew skin, thereby, improving the overall density of the lip skin. When applied regularly, over time, there will be a noticeable difference in the firmness, cushion and texture of the lips. Moisturises and protects the delicate skin of the lips and helps prevent dryness and flakiness by providing a protective "coat" over lips, leaving them feeling soft, smooth and supple.

I paid $24 for a 7ml tube.

Would I buy this again? No, for the price there are much better balms.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!