Tuesday 10 February 2009

Lush Dreamtime Bath Melt


Lush advertises this as a bath melt with chamomile and lavender to help you switch off. It's one of the Lush products that I've purchased over and over again. However, I don't usually use it as a bath melt.

This is a winter product for me. I rarely use it in summer, but when I have winter dry skin it's perfect. As a bath melt it is an okay product, but I find that it makes the bathtub pretty greasy, and I have to clean it out afterwards, which is really annoying.

So, are you wondering what I use this for? I use it in the shower, as an in shower moisturising/cleansing bar. It can be quite greasy, so I rub some onto my hands or a loofah and then wash myself with it. Then when I get out of the shower I pat myself dry, and I'm left with soft, moisturised skin.

The smell is lovely and calming. Despite Lush's instructions, I'll often use it in the morning, as the scent puts me in a lovely, serene mood for the day.


This is what Lush has to say about Dreamtime Bath Melt: This is a bedtime bath, do you hear? Take note. Useth not in the mornings or thou shalt nod off before coffee time. Dreamtime is a small, creamy bar made from cocoa butter and almond oil designed to melt in the bath water to soften your skin and calm your troubled head so you can go straight to bed, without having to apply body lotion, and sleep soundly. It does this by plying your nostrils with chamomile, the ultimate calming oil, with relaxing sandalwood and jasmine, balancing lavender and warming ginger. The only reasonable response to this is to fall asleep.

Would I buy this again? Yes, this is one of those products that I have repurchased over and over again.

Ingredients: Cocoa butter, laureath 4, almond oil, ginger oil, lavender oil, sandalwood oil, jasmine flowers, perfume, jasmine oil and chamomile oil.

1 comment :

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!