Friday 26 December 2008

Becca Antique Gold Cream Eyeshadow


I find cream eye shadows to be hit and miss. Some of them are amazing, and others are creasy, greasy and horrible. I persist with them because when cream eye shadows work they're amazing. When I bought my Becca cream eye shadow I was hoping that it would fall into the amazing category, but it didn't.

No matter how I apply this it creases really badly. I've tried everything I can think of and it still creases. I've used primer and no primer. I've set it with powder, I've put powder eye shadow over the top, I've applied it very sheerly and very heavily. I've used a brush and used my fingers. Regardless of how I've applied it, it always creases within an hour. And it creases badly too, it's like all the eye shadow migrated up my eyelid into one horrible line of eyeshadow.

If I had oily eyelids I could understand why this shadow creases so badly, but I don't. I've used other cream eye shadows successfully. It's a real disappointment, because the colour is gorgeous.

Would I buy it again? No, it's a mess.

Ingredients: hydrogenated polyisobutene, cocoglycerides, caprylic/capric triglyceride, octyldodecanol, oxidized polyethylene, candelilla cera (euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax), hydrogenated castor oil, C20-40 alkyl stearate, stearalkonium hectorite, carnauba (copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax), magnesium stearate and may contain: [+/- titanium dioxide CI 77891, iron oxides CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, ultramarines CI 77007, carmine CI 75470, ferric ferrocyanide CI 77510, bismuth oxychloride CI 77163, mica].

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!