Thursday 13 November 2008

Dr Hauschka Lip Care Stick


I have to admit that the only reason I bought this lip balm is because I read that Brad Pitt uses it. I suppose that's as good a reason as any to buy a new lip balm, not that I need a reason. But as far as reasons go, that one was pretty silly, cause I'm not even a fan of Brad Pitt.

Dr Hauschka's Lip Care Stick has a pleasant, natural scent very similar to Carmex lip balm. The scent is very light and doesn't linger. There is no flavour.

The balm applies clear and leaves a beautiful shine to the lips. The texture is medium to thick without being waxy and it has a nice smooth consistency on the lips. I find that this is very moisturising, and is great to use during winter when my lips are dry and chapped. It is available in a 4.9 gram tube or a 4.5 gram pot. I've heard that the pot version is more moisturising, but I haven't tried it so can't comment on that.

This is what Dr Hauschka has to say about the Lip Care Stick; The natural waxes of candelilla and carnauba make the Dr.Hauschka Lip Care Stick firm enough and sufficiently resistant to warmth to produce in stick-form. This makes it very practical for use away from home. Of course it also cares for your lips, and with a sun protection factor of 3, protects them from the sun. Additional protection is provided by beeswax, rose wax, shea butter, almond oil, apricot kernel oil, jojoba oil and extracts of rose, rose-hip, kidney vetch and carrot.

Would I buy it again? Yes. At around $20 (AUD) for a 4.9g tube it's a little pricey, but it is a really nice balm.

Ingredients: ricinus communis, rosa canina, buxus chinensis, lanolin, cera flava, daucus carota, butyrospermum parkii, candelilla cera, carnauba, rosa gallica, prunus dulcis, anthyllis vulneraria, cetyl alcohol, prunus armeniaca, parfum, limonene, citronellol, geraniol, citral, linalool, farnesol, lecithin.

3 comments :

  1. Hey Fellow MuTer! Kaylin Marie here, and I would probably buy a lip balm too, if someone as famous as Brad Pitt said so. It's gotta be good if the richest guy in the world uses it!!

    I love love love the idea for your blog. If you find the perfect lip balm please let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kaylin,

    Thanks for visiting! I'll be sure to let you know if I find the perfect lip balm. I've found some lovely ones so far, but there are so many more that I haven't tried yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glossqueen you are so funny...buying something and your not even a fan of Brad Pitt..LOL

    This does sound rather nice tho...another to put on my list to try, recommended only by the glossiest girl around!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!