Wednesday 5 November 2008

Ambre Solaire Gloss Bronzer


I've always been a little bit afraid of self tanners. The few times I tried tanning when I was younger it always turned out badly. But now I'm older I've realised that it is possible to get a good, natural looking coverage. Unfortunately, that didn't happen with this bronzer. I really wanted to like it, truly I did, so I tried and I tried and I tried, but it just doesn't work for me. No matter how careful I am with my application, how well I exfoliate beforehand and how well I apply, it just will not go on evenly.

There are a few things I like about this bronzer. It doesn't smell much, and the scent that it has doesn't linger. It also has a pretty shimmer to it which looks really nice.

Now for the things that I didn't like about it. No matter what I tried, it did not apply evenly. Every time that I used this I had to touch up areas that where still white. I'd apply it really carefully, but a few hours later I'd have patches where there was no colour at all.

Also, it really irritated my skin. The next day I'd have lots of small, itchy red spots all over me and my skin would be really dry. This is not a product that I'd recommend for those with sensitive skin.

1 comment :

  1. I've given up on self tanners as well...they just don't do it for me...I'm sticking to my pale skin...just is not worth the time and trouble!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!