Tuesday 14 October 2008

Mama Coco's Red Hibiscus Rouge Lip Balm


Since my friends know me so well, every now and again they give me lip balm as a gift (gotta love friends like that!) It was one of my lovely friends who introduced me to Mama Coco's Red Hibiscus Rouge lip balm.

As the name indicates, Red Hibiscus Rouge lip balm is made from red hibiscus flowers which provide a beautiful deep red tint. The ingredients are all natural and completely organic. It gives a sheer wash of red to my lips, and can also be used as a sheer blush.

There's a very slight chocolately fragrance with no flavour. This is a rather hard lip balm, so in winter it needs to be warmed up before use. It's moisturising and has a sheer, non shiny finish.

Would I buy it again? Yes, because I like the sheer, natural colour that it gives.

Ingredients: cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, theobroma cacao butter, cera alba (beeswax) , acadamia ternifolia seed oil, butyrospermum parkii butter, honey, vanilla planifolia extract, rosa alba extract, hibiscus sabdariffa extract, hippophae rhamonoides fruit extract, calendula officinalis extract, rosa canina extract, daucus carota extract.

3 comments :

  1. I LOVE this lip balm, and the orange one mama coco's makes as well. It is very moisturizing. I am sad as I think they went out of business, so I have no way of buying this anymore:-( if anyone out there knows anything about the company going out of business please help! I have tried calling, and emailing with no results.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi! would you know where to get mama coco's lip balm? i used to buy it online but they say it's no longer available in the market. Please email me at ting219@yahoo.com

    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi! would you know where we can buy mama coco's lip balm? please email me at ting219@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!