Monday 22 September 2008

My Silk Naturals Order

Thanks to the raves of the girls over at So Loverly, I was recently forced to place an order with Silk Naturals. My order only took a week to arrive in Western Australia from Trumansburg NY, which I was really happy with, and the shipping cost $6.75 which I thought was very reasonable. I ordered ebony medium coverage foundation sample kit, premium synthetic flat top brush, berry nice, soft and clear lip glosses and swept away demi-gloss.

The glosses are gorgeous. They're the only lip products that I've used for the last week, and I'm sure I'll be buying them again. The demi-gloss gives great coverage that lasts for half a day before I need to reapply it. It's soft and creamy, but also long lasting, and not at all drying or thick feeling like a lot of long lasting lip products are. The lip glosses are beautiful, they have great pigmentation, taste great and last well, plus I find them to be ultra hydrating.
Here's Silk Natural's description and pictures of the lip glosses:

Berry Nice - sheer raspberry gloss, Bobbi Brown Raspberry clone.












Soft- medium pink almost sheer lip gloss, Bobbi Brown Clear Pink clone.













Swept Away - medium nude pink demi-gloss, Bobbi Brown Sandwash Pink clone.














I've used the foundation every day for a week now and I love it. The coverage is great, it's not itchy or drying and it provides great coverage. I've used it alone as a foundation and also lightly dusted over my liquid foundation as a setting powder and it was great for use both ways. It lasts all day and doesn't accentuate my pores or settle into fine lines. It was fun mixing it up myself too. I initially thought that'd be difficult, but the instructions are very clear and it's really easy.













I'm also extremely happy with my flat top brush. It's really thick and is great for applying my Silk Naturals foundation. I also really like it for applying cream blush, so I'm going to purchase a flat top kabuki for my foundation and leave this brush for applying my cream blush.

If you enter the code Friend with your first order, you'll receive a 5% discount. Unfortunately for me, I didn't know this until after I'd placed my first order!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!