Friday 19 September 2008

Laura Mercier Kohl Eye Pencils

I can't say I've ever really thought much about eye pencils. They're nice, and something that I use every day, but other than the Bloom shadow liners, I've never really fell in love with an eyeliner until I received a mini Kohl eye pencil from Laura Mercier as part of a GWP. I got the most amazing colour called black turquoise.


This is pretty close to how it looks, it's just a little darker with more shimmer to it.
It's described by Laura Mercier as black with turquoise pearl. There's a lot of turquoise in it, and it has a gorgeous shimmer to it. The texture is soft and creamy, making it easy to smudge for the smoky eye look, but not creamy enough that it runs down my face after a few hours. It lasts all day and looks as good at the end of the day as it did at the start of the day.


As soon as I'd used this I headed to strawberrynet and bought two more, a full size black turquoise and black navy. I'm hoping that black navy will be as gorgeous as black turquoise will be, and that it'll be close to the colour shown here. I was very tempted to buy black violet too, but then decided that it was probably not a great idea to spend $79.50 on eye pencils, even if they are a bargain.

On strawberrynet they cost $26.50 each and at the counter they cost $34.00, so if you're going to buy some, head to strawberrynet. If you're planning on heading to Myer for the Laura Mercier GWP, you'll get a mini black turquoise eye liner as part of your gift.

2 comments :

  1. sounds good to me, just might have to take that offer up, just referred to the Myer my beauty booklet and the turquoise colour looks fantastic...

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's a really gorgeous colour Gem, and the gwp is great too.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!