Monday 1 September 2008

Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream


You know how you have those products that you use all the time but underestimate? You know they're good but you don't realise how good they really are? Eight Hour Cream is one of those products for me.

I've been using this for about 10 year now, it's something I always have as part of my stash. Considering that the main ingredient is petrolatum I'm not sure why this works so well, but it does.

The story behind this says that Elizabeth Arden made it to use on her horses, and one day her neighbour used it on a wound on her son. She said that it healed the wound in eight hours, and so Eight Hour Cream was born.

I use my Eight Hour Cream for so many different things. It's a great healing cream for pimples and dry patches. It works really well on dry lips, it's great for dry hair and on skin rashes. It's beautiful mixed with shimmer powder and put on areas I want to highlight. The uses are endless. My sister in law even used it as a nappy rash cream for my nephew!

It has a thick, ointment like texture and a strange but pleasant smell, with no flavour. The fragrance fades quickly upon application.

As it's an ointment it lasts well, at least 4 hours when I use it on my lips.

Ingredients: Petrolatum, Lanolin, Mineral Oil, Fragrance, Salicylic Acid, Propylparaben, Castor Oil, Corn Oil, Tocopherol, BHT, Iron Oxides.

4 comments :

  1. Really interesting post, encouraging in fact. :) hehe, I have certain doubts about buying this cream, it surely is absolutely awesome, but it's expensive like hell here! It costs 60 BAM, it's around 32 Euros. I live in Bosnia and Herzegovina, and it's A LOT money for a body cream, but, what the hell, I'll buy it! :) Thanks! :)
    Ivana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe, I love enabling people. Let me know how you like it when you get it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really works on pimples???
    I would like to try it on my face but I´m scared.
    How does it work on oily skin?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've found it works really well on pimples. I'm not sure how it'd go on oily skin, it'd probably be too hydrating. If you want to try it, I'd suggest only using it at night as it's quite a thick ointment.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!