Saturday 2 August 2008

Stop Violence in the Home Shea Butter Lip Balm

The Body Shop regularly brings out lip balms to raise money for different charities. Their latest balm is a Shea Balm stick to help stop domestic violence. You purchase a card with two balms attached to it, one for yourself and one to give to a friend who may be a victim of domestic violence. They also have little cards that they are giving away, with different tips and information for people who may be in an abusive relationship.

Having known many people (both men and women) who are victims of domestic violence, I am a firm believer in the importance of stopping violence in the home. So naturally I had no choice but to buy this lip balm (and that's exactly how I'm justifying it to Mr GlossQueen!) Plus, the other justification I gave to Mr GlossQueen is that two lip balms for $12.95 is a bargain.

It's such a great balm that I'm glad the card contains two of them. I was intending to give one away to a friend, but now that I've tried them I've changed my mind. Hopefully The Body Shop will make these part of their regular line like they did with the Guarana lip butter.

The scent is lovely, like the shea butter body butter, with a little coconut mixed in. I didn't notice any flavour to it. It's a light, moisturising lip balm with a soft shine. It looks great applied over lip pencil for those days when I don't feel like wearing gloss or lipstick. And as an added bonus it doesn't contain petrolatum.

The ingredients are: cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, beeswax, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), flavor, tocopheryl acetate, ammonium glycyrrhizate, retinyl palmitate, limonene and ascorbyl palmitate.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!