Wednesday 6 August 2008

The Skin Type Solution



If there’s one skin care tip that I could recommend to everyone, it is to buy this book, it’s the best $19.95 I’ve ever spent. The amazing book is by Dr Leslie Baumann, and it’s called The Skin Type Solution. Dr Baumann is a dermatologist who says that skin has one of 16 different types and when you find your skin type you can treat it correctly, enabling you to have the best possible skin. She recommends products for each different skin type, from cheap to expensive, and she says that quality products do not have to be expensive.

At the start of the book there’s a quiz that you do to determine your skin type, and once you’ve found out what your skin type is, you read the chapter appropriate to your skin type.

The skin types are broken down into 4 different categories, pigmented or non-pigmented, wrinkled or tight, sensitive or resistant and oily or dry. All skin is a combination of these four. My skin type is DSNT (dry, sensitive, non-pigmented and tight).

Since I’ve been using the products recommended for my skin type, my skin has never looked better. I’d always thought that I had slightly oily, sensitive skin. After taking Dr Baumann’s quiz and discovering that I have dry, sensitive, non pigmented, tight skin, I totally changed my skin care routine. I had been using expensive skin care products and was still not happy with the condition of my skin. Now I use mainly Dove, Nivea and L’Occitane skin care and have great skin.

So if you are one of the many people out there confused about what products to use and sick of wasting money on products that don't work, race out and buy The Skin Type Solution, I promise you won't regret it!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!