Friday 15 August 2008

My top five favorite lip balms

This was originally going to be a list of my top ten favorite lip balms, but as I was writing I realised that I really only have five favorites at the moment. No doubt this list will change over time, so I'll repost the list as it changes.

At the moment these are my absolute favorite lip balms.

My Lip Stuff - I know I originally said that I probably wouldn't purchase these again due to the high cost of shipping to Australia, but I love them that much that I've decided the shipping cost is worth it to get my hands on these beauties. They have over 400 flavours and are cheap, costing $2 to $3.50 (USD) depending on what you get. They've got a beautiful smooth, creamy feel to them, they're all natural and petrolatum free. Plus, they're shiny enough that I look like I'm wearing lip gloss. At the moment these are my favorite lip balms.
Shizen - What do I love about this balm? Well one of the things I really love is that it's Australian. I love supporting Australian companies. Another thing I love is that it's petrolatum free. Before I used this balm I had always used balms containing petroleum. And then I used this balm, and couldn't understand why my lips were flaking, but not dry or sore. So I checked out the Shizen website and learned that balms containing petrolatum don't actually moisturise lips, they just coat lips, but don't penetrate the skin, which then leads to layers of dry skin. I found that my lips flaked for a few weeks and then they were really soft and smooth.

Burt's Bee's - The original balm has a little bit of a kick to it, that makes my lips tingle for a few minutes after I've used it, which I really like. It's a matte balm, so is great to use under lipstick. It also heals cracked lips really quickly. I also love the honey and pomegranate lip balms. The honey one tastes great and the pomegranate has a lovely, soft red shine to it.

Badger Balms - These are all natural (petrolatum free) lip balms. They've got a great range of natural flavours (such as chai rose, vanilla, highland mint, tangerine breeze), and are certified organic. They come in stick or pot forms and are reasonably priced. They also have a range of cocoa butter stick balms that are heavenly.

Ganache for lips - These lip balms contain Scharffen Berger chocolate, and that's a great reason to love them. They're petrolatum free, there are a great range of flavours, they smell and taste great. Add to that they are really moisturising and you have a great lip balm.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!