Thursday 28 August 2008

Clinique Colour Surge Buttershine Lipstick


These lipsticks are very appropriately named because they really do go on just like butter.They are so soft, smooth and moisturising. It's pretty rare for me to use up a lipstick because I have so many but I loved my Buttershine lipstick so much that I used it up within three months, which is unheard of for me.

The colour I purchased was Berry Blush, which on me is a my lips but better shade. It's a mauvey pink colour with silver shimmer.

According to Clinique this is " the creamiest, richest, smoothest lip colour you can imagine. Our revolutionary gel formula delivers the shine of a gloss, the comfort of a lipstick. Drenches lips in moist, lush colour that glides on buttery-soft, feels luxuriously smooth".

I have to say, I love everything about it. The feeling, the texture and the look. It's a very shiny, moisturising lipstick that goes on smoothly and feels like a lip balm. It gives a gorgeous soft colour that can be applied sheerly or layered on for a more intense colour. As it's quite a soft texture the colour doesn't last as long as more matte lipsticks, but it will still last a few hours. Another thing I love about my Buttershine is the case. It looks like silver bamboo.

As with most Clinique products it has no fragrance or flavour. I purchased my Buttershine lipstick for $36.00. There are 25 different colours available in the Buttershine range.
Colour shown is not Berry Blush.



No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!