Tuesday 12 August 2008

Aveda Lip Saver


I'm fairly new to Aveda, and have only tried a few of their products. It's a line that's always intrigued me because of their natural philosophy.

After hearing lots of raves about the Lip Saver I really wanted to try it, and I'm so glad that I did. I'd have to say that it's now one of my favorite lip balms. I mainly use it as a lip primer because it's great under lipstick.

Lip Saver is a rich, creamy lip balm. Because it's so creamy it lasts well, usually for a few hours. It can be built up to the coverage you want, so if you want to apply it thickly you can, or you can put it on thinly. I find that if I put this on too thickly it can be a little waxy.

It has a very faint shine to it, but is matte enough to be suitable to wear under lipstick. I find that when I wear it under lipstick it helps the lipstick last longer because of the waxy texture.

This balm leaves my lips feeling soft and hydrated and it's great for when they are really dry and flaky. It has a very faint natural floral scent that fades upon application, and no flavour. It has an SPF of 15.

I purchased a 4.25 gram twist up tube for $12.95.


Key ingredients: anise oil, beeswax, brazilian carnauba wax, cinnamon leaf, clove oil, sunflower oil, vitamin E

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!