Thursday 21 August 2008

Are you faithful or fickle?

Are you one of those people who'll use the same product for years until they stop making it, or do you constantly change your products and never buy the same product twice? I know a lot of people who've been using the same products for years. I have a friend who uses the same lipstick, it's the only one that she owns, and when she runs out she buys that same colour again. I can't even begin to imagine just having one lipstick, let alone buying the same colour over and over again. Or for that matter, using up a lipstick!

So as much as I'd like to say I'm not, I have to admit that I'm fickle, extremely fickle. It's very rare that I'll buy something more than once, because I'm always looking for something new and better. With so many new products coming out, there's always something else that I want to try. Even if I like whatever it is that I've been using, there's usually something that I think could be better. A product has to be truly amazing for me to repurchase it.

Even if I find a product that I love and repurchase, every year I'll try something else, just to make sure that there is nothing better out there. Usually when I do this I regret it, and end up with a barely used product. This happened to me a few months ago when I decided to try a different face moisturiser. I've been using the same one for about two years now, but decided to try something else. I used it for four weeks, decided that I didn't like it as much as my usual moisturiser, so now it's sitting unused in the cupboard. I'll probably give it to Mr GlossQueen to use. That's what usually happens to the products I don't like, they end up with Mr GlossQueen.

I'm very fortunate that I have him to use up my unwanted products, it's much better than them going to waste. Giving him new products is always fun. He's usually convinced that they're reducing his wrinkles. He knows this because he screws up his face in a funny grimace/grin so that he can see his wrinkles. If his wrinkles look like they aren't as bad, then the cream is obviously working. Personally, I think he looks the same as he always did, but as long as he's happy then I'm happy. Plus, it's really funny watching him pull the wrinkle face.

Stay tuned tomorrow for a list of the products that I have repurchased.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!