Sunday 27 July 2008

Mac Select Tint Foundation










In my endless hunt for great foundations I have tried a lot of different ones. Mac's Select Tint is another one of my many purchases.

Whilst it's a nice foundation, there is nothing amazing about it, and I won't purchase it again. But, there is also nothing terrible about it, it's just not what I'm looking for.

Select Tint is more like a tinted moisturiser than a foundation. The coverage is very sheer, almost invisible. It takes at least two layers to even out skin tone and disguise redness. This foundation would be perfect for someone looking for a light, protective foundation.

It is very lightweight and once I've applied it I feel like I'm not wearing anything. As the coverage is so sheer, I normally use this with a powder over the top.

There is an SPF of 15. It is water based and oil free, so doesn't leave the skin looking oily or greasy. The moisturisation is light enough that I can wear it over moisturiser.

In my opinion this is somewhere between a tinted moisturiser and a foundation. It isn't moisturising enough to be worn as a tinted moisturiser and it isn't tinted enough to be worn as a foundation.

I purchased a 50 ml bottle for $48.00, used it for about 2 months, then put it on the back to Mac pile.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!