Monday 4 August 2008

Clinique Repairwear Intensive Lip Treatment


I'm a lip balm addict. It's the one product that I just can't resist. Everytime something new comes out I just have to try it. So when I heard that Clinique was coming out with a new lip balm I just had to have it. Even the $48 (AUD) price tag didn't put me off. Really, at this point I should have stopped and considered if any lip balm could possibly be worth that much money, but as I was in a shopping frenzy I didn't.

According to Clinique, this "smooth, gel-based lip treatment helps repair the look of wrinkles on and around lips. It protects natural collagen production, provides immediate and sustained antioxidant protection against external aggressors and replenishes the natural moisture barrier so lips stay soft and hydrated."

Here's what I think of each of those claims.

"Helps repair the look of wrinkles on and around lips"
After two months of twice daily use I can say that the wrinkles around my lips looked just the same as they did before I started using this.


"Boosts natural collagen production."
Possibly, however my lips don't look any plumper or bigger than they did before.

"Provides immediate and sustained antioxidant protection against the environment."
I'm not sure about this, but if they say so, I'll believe it, after all, I'm willing to pay $48 for a lip balm!

"Replenishes the natural moisture barrier so lips stay soft, hydrated."
Yes, this is definitely true. It does leave my lips feeling soft and hydrated.

All in all this is a nice lip balm. It has no fragrance or flavour, and is great used under lip pencil or lipstick. Plus, it comes in a lovely tube which looks very impressive when you pull it out of your bag, and has people asking what you're using. I was tempted to keep the case and put other lip balms in there cause it was so flash.

But, is it worth $48(AUD) for a 4 gram tube? No.
If I'd paid under $10 (AUD) for this I would have given it a 5 star rating, however as it's so ridiculously priced I wouldn't buy it again.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!